About Phondaghat Education Society, Phondaghat
We consider it as a privilege to submit the Self Study Proposal of Phondaghat Education Society, Phondaghat, hereafter, PES, which is founded on 28th April 1952 with the aim to promote education to the students of rural and hilly region. The PES has contributed its best towards improving the teaching learning process, enhancing student support services and infrastructural development. The vision of PES is to provide the quality education to all, especially to the students from rural, hilly region and socio-economically deprived ones to make them self-confident, employable & self-reliant in the context of glocal competition. It aims at enlightening and empowering the youth, particularly women, to become socially responsible citizen and equip them to compete in a multi- cultural environment.
PES has started New English School (secondary school 1952), Junior College of Arts and Commerce (1975), Junior College of Minimum Competency Vocational Courses (MCVC 1989), Junior College of Science (unaided 2012), Little Flower English Medium School (unaided 2016). Further Arts and Commerce College, is established in 1995, having Commerce as unaided wing since 2013, which is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and accredited by NAAC with ‘B’ grade in 2016. The update knowledge from primary to higher education is imparted through all these wings to the students arriving from nearly 10 nearby villages. Today, 1704 students are studying in primary to higher education level classes.
Overall Infrastructure of PESP:
The PES has 4.5 acres (approximately 18220 square meters) of land, which is donated by the villagers and is used for the school and college building and specious playgrounds. At the beginning three classrooms were built in 1953 from the donations of local traders, farmers and other villagers. Later six more classrooms were built till 1964, which were sufficient for the contemporary student strength. In 1967 an Open Theatre (Rangmandir) was built which proved very useful for the cultural development of the students and the villagers also. Thereafter six classrooms were built till 1970. To cater the need of health and physical development, the PES has built a separate Gymnasium Hall in 1976. Alumni Association of New English School in Phondaghat and Mumbai, built an Auditorium (Gurudakshina Hall), in 1980, which was used for various cultural, academic seminars, conferences and gatherings. In addition, six classrooms were built from the fund of Central Govt. allocated for the MCVC. Recently, since 2008 ten classrooms are built for the senior college with various funds and donations collected. In short, there are nearly 42 rooms which are utilized as classrooms, libraries, laboratory, offices, teacher common rooms, auditorium, theatre and gymnasium. In addition, there are sanitary facilities for boys and girls, separately for high-school and college students. The PES has provided various teaching aids such as Tape Recorder, TV, DVD Player, OHP, LCD, Projectors etc. Further a computer laboratory of 10 computers is established from the Central Govt. grants for enhancing computer literacy of the students.